So I finally got around to making my first starter. There’s no stir plate or anything and for all my procrastinating this might be a big step forward if I see how easy this whole process is. I just need to get my ducks in a row and actually get the time down. This will be my biggest issue as to starting the whole thing up in time for the brew day.
- 100g Dried Malt Extract
- 1 liter of Water
- Yeast to get going
- Added DME to the flask
- Filled with hot water and then started to bring to a boil
- Once boiling I removed from the heat and into an ice bath
- Once the temperature got down to the 30’s I pitched the yeast